A downloadable game
2400 is lo-fi sci-fi. It’s centuries in the future, and it’s a decades-old modem that screams like a dying robot when it connects to the net. It’s a space ship with an FTL drive, artificial gravity, and a flickering display you gotta tap a few times to see the jump coordinates. It’s hacking something together with whatever cheap materials you have on hand, ignoring the rules until you need them, banging out something that might not sound finished, but definitely sounds fun.
2400 is a plug-and-play toolkit. It’s not just one RPG, but a series of self-contained modules, easy to slot in or ignore entirely. Each one is 3 pages plus a cover, fitting on two sides of a letter-sized sheet of paper. They’re all for the same setting, unless they aren't. There are twelve so far.
- Cosmic Highway: space truckers trying to keep their rust bucket flying
- Inner System Blues: cyberpunk freelancers in a grainy retro-future
- Orbital Decay: a space-horror scenario generator
- ALT: uplift, AI, and clone operatives in a world without death
- Zone: exploring an area where known science no longer applies
- Exiles: twenty weirdos surviving in a xenotech-riddled quarantine world
- Xenolith: an alien crew faces threats from ancient relics
- Eos: human marines fight for the common good in the galactic community
- Project Ikaros: rogue psychics flee—or fight—elite agents
- The Venusian Job: a casino heist above the clouds on another world
- Tempus Diducit: timeline-bending mashup setting for all 24XX games
- Emergency Rules: (slightly) expanded version of the rules and principles
2400 is short and sweet. In the time it took you to read all this, you could’ve started playing.
Need more? Here are some additional resources.
- The free 24XX SRD has CC-licensed text and templates.
- This 24XX games collection includes over 60 titles by creators on Itch.io.
- The Google Sheets character keeper makes it easy to manage character sheets and ships in online play.
- A Discord Server for 2400 and 24XX conversation is run by Tibbius.
- Check out 2400's major influences for more detailed advice on play, GMing, and safety tools, including Electric Bastionland, The Soft Horizon, and Script Change.
Art on this page and in 2400 games is by BEEPLE (Mike Winkelmann).
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you aren't sure you can afford it, or if you contributed a game to One-Page RPG Jam, please feel welcome to download the PDFs free, no questions asked.
Thanks to Dee Pennyway, creator of Mnemomic, for instructions on setting up community copies on Itch.io. And thanks to everyone who purchased, rated, and reviewed 2400 in its early days—these community copies are dedicated to you!
- Art credit clarification64 days ago
- Zone v1.072 days ago
- The Venusian Job v1.077 days ago
- Tempus Diducit v1.078 days ago
- Emergency Rules v1.183 days ago
- Orbital Decay v1.084 days ago
- Armor updates92 days ago
- Project Ikaros v1.099 days ago